Long hair dream this is part of virtually every woman’s life whether it was when she was a little girl reading fairy stories in which the beautiful princess who always has long hair gets her prince and lives happily ever after. Or as a teenager who wanted her hair long to look glamorous like the stars she adored.
Many teenager’s will keep their hair long through into womanhood. Whilst others who had to keep their hair short when younger due to parents request’s or practical reasons decide once older that it;s time for their long hair dream.
Right from an early age it is embedded into us through books and film that in the society we live most men will consider a woman with long hair as feminine, sexy and desirable and so the long hair dream will live on. Should you be happen to be on this journey of long hair these tips will help you to achieve your goal.
Starting Your Long Hair Dream Journey.
To begin the journey of growing your hair long it’s best to give it a healthy start but do remember how long you may be able to grow your hair will also depend to a certain amount on your genes. To start have a good hair trim so as to cut off any damaged area’s and get rid of any split ends as this way your hair will not have a ratty and uneven look. Also tend to stay away from bleaching your hair as this process may cause some damage to your hair if not carried out carefully.
Tips To Care For Your Hair As It Grows.
How you take care of your hair daily will determine whether or not you can achieve your long hair. Remember the hair must also be healthy on the inside
- Drink plenty of water for natural moisture.
- Eat a well-balanced diet especially one with plenty of beta carotene and biotin as these are essential for healthy hair.
- Try and avoid stressful situations as stress can be a big cause hair loss.
- Trim split ends regularly say every three months if you don’t the hair will only start splitting further up the hair shaft.
- Avoid too much use of heated styling tools as these can damage the hair cuticle. If you do use them make sure you apply a heat protector on your hair first.
- Remember contact with Chlorine and salt water will dry out the hair so if swimming protect it.
- When sleeping use a silk pillow case as this will help avoid nighty tangles in your hair.
Tips When Washing Your Hair.
Your hair can be easily damaged when wet as it is in fact quite delicate. Try following some of these tips which can help you avoid damage or breakage.
- Don’t pile your hair on top of your head when washing it as this can create tangles. Always work the shampoo through from the roots to the ends with your fingers.
- Choose a shampoo that won’t weigh down your hair otherwise the hair will look flat and listless.
- Use cold water as your final rinse as this helps seal the cuticles thereby minimizing damage whilst at the same time leaving the hair sleeker and shiny.
- Always squeeze any excess moisture from your hair and not scrub when you towel dry.
- Allow your natural oils to spread down the hair shaft so don’t wash your hair too frequently.
Tips For Your Hair Condition.
Remember that some of the strands of the long hair on your head may be coming to a few years old so they need a bit of love and attention regular conditioning is a must.
- Use a leave in conditioner with a SPF protection so as to help safe guard your hair against sun damage.
- Every month have a good deep conditioning treatment even if your hair is healthy and even more often if it is damaged.
- Do not apply conditioner to your scalp area as this can in fact block up the follicles which will in turn inhibits hair growth.
- When combing tangles or knots from your hair always start from the ends and work up as this will help prevent breakage from pulling on the hair.
Tips For Styling Your Hair.
When growing your hair there comes times when you just want to pull it away from the face due to it being at an awkward length or that the weather is just too hot. Be aware that some styles can be very stressful and damaging to your hair.
- Try and avoid very tight styles such as micro braids or severe twists that will apply a lot of pressure to the roots or may damage the hair cuticle.
- You can go for loose updo’s ponytails and thick braids to keep your hair under control without damage.
- Stay away from metal, rubber or plastic accessories that will pinch or snag the hair use only coated ones.
- To avoid tugging or pulling your hair always use a natural bristle brush when styling your hair.
Like this blog ? “Share it with your network if you found it informative”.